The City of San Juan improves the quality of life for all by providing affordable, consistently reliable, quality services so that its citizens can realize their full potential.
PAY RATE: $10.77/Hour
Under general supervision of’ the Chief Operator. Position has responsibilities for reports and / or records. Several decisions are made weekly requiring some interpretations and judgment. Renders simple public services several times a week.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- The planning, organizing, and operation of the treatment plants or systems.
- Provide a good safe working environment.
- Maintain good public relations.
- Ability to perform a wide variety of different types of tasks without the variety itself causing a loss of efficiency.
- Motivate personnel to achieve maximum efficiency to operations.
- Learn the collection of samples, and process testing.
- Observing variations in operating conditions.
- Interpreting meter readings, and test results.
- Make operational changes when needed. (under supervision)
- Monitor treatment plants or systems.
- Maintain communication with immediate supervisor for operation, personnel, and problem conditions.
- Maintain administrative records. (under supervision)
- Prepare monthly operation reports. (under supervision)
- Maintaining plant grounds, like: mowing the lawn when needed.
- Will perform other related duties as required.
Lab equipment like titrators, turbid meter, ph meter, and jar test agitator etc. hand and powered tools, lawn mowers, weed eaters.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Position may have some unusual working hours, irregular hours or shifts, may involve occasional travel. Exposure to hazards which might result in serious injury or death; exposed to chlorine, ammonia, alum, sodium chlorite; may work under extreme outdoor conditions. The physical demands are up to medium lifting up to 50 lb. significant standing, walking, moving, climbing, and carrying, bending, kneeling, crawling, reaching, handling, sitting, pushing, and pulling.
Requires a high school diploma or G.E.D. Must be able to pass T.C.E.Q. Class “D” Certification in Surface Water or Wastewater Production within six months and must also be able to acquire a “C License” in Surface Water or Wastewater Production within 3 years of employment. A valid Texas driver’s license and sufficient knowledge in a field to perform most normal work as assigned with little direction supervision.
Note: The above duties describe the chief functions of the job and is not to be considered a detailed description of every duty of the job.
Please submit application to: Department of Human Resources 709 S. Nebraska San Juan, TX 78589 (no emails or faxes will be accepted).
Position will remain open until filled
The City of San Juan is an equal opportunity employer.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
The City of San Juan is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation or belief, sex, age or handicap.
**Test Required: Thank you for your interest in seeking employment with the City of San Juan. All applicants applying will be required to take a drug and alcohol test, prior to employment.
Thank you for visiting our career page. Please review our open positions and apply to the positions that match your qualifications.