The City of San Juan improves the quality of life for all by providing affordable, consistently reliable, quality services so that its citizens can realize their full potential.
PAY RATE: $10.77/Hour
Under general supervision of the Chief Operator. Responsible for performing routine operations of a surface water treatment plant to include completing reports and monitoring records. Several decisions are made daily which require some interpretations and good judgment. Render simple public services several times a week.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Plan, organize and operate of the treatment plants or water systems.
- Must work on an assigned rotating shift schedule.
- Provide a good, safe working environment.
- Maintain good communication and teamwork with co-workers.
- Ability to perform a wide variety of different types of tasks.
- Motivate personnel to achieve maximum efficiency to operations.
- Collect water samples and process testing.
- Observe variations in operating conditions.
- Interprets meter readings, and test results.
- Make necessary operational changes, when needed, as directed.
- Monitors pumps, gauges and computers of treatment plants or water systems.
- Maintain communication with immediate supervisor for operation, personnel, and problem conditions.
- Maintain administrative records.
- Assists with the preparation of the monthly operation reports.
- Maintain facility grounds, such as mowing and general housekeeping.
- Will perform other related duties as required.
Lab equipment such as turbidity meters, ph meter, jar testing machine, and related laboratory appurtenances. Hand and powered tools, lawn mowers, weed eaters.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Position requires working on a rotating shift schedule, varying hours, overtime, weekends, and holidays. Exposure to noise of plant machinery and other equipment; mechanical and electrical hazards of operating equipment; fumes and odors of chemicals (chlorine, ammonia, alum, sodium chlorite) and all types of weather and temperature conditions. Work and/or walk for long periods of time on various types of surfaces including slippery or uneven surfaces and rough terrain. Position is subject to 24-hour emergency callbacks.
Requires a high school diploma or G.E.D and must be able to pass T.C.E.Q. Class “D” license in Water within six months; however, must also acquire a Class “C License” in Surface Water within 2 years of employment. Must have sufficient knowledge in a related field to perform most normal work as assigned, with minimal supervision. Requires a valid Texas driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record.
Possess a valid T.C.E.Q. Class “D” or higher level of water license and experience working at a surface treatment plant.
Please submit application to: Department of Human Resources 709 S. Nebraska San Juan, TX 78589 (no emails or faxes will be accepted).
Position will remain open until filled
The City of San Juan is an equal opportunity employer.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
The City of San Juan is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation or belief, sex, age or handicap.
**Test Required: Thank you for your interest in seeking employment with the City of San Juan. All applicants applying will be required to take a drug and alcohol test, prior to employment.
Thank you for visiting our career page. Please review our open positions and apply to the positions that match your qualifications.