The City of San Juan improves the quality of life for all by providing affordable, consistently reliable, quality services so that its citizens can realize their full potential.
PAY RATE: $12.06 or $12.66/Hour
Under general supervision and procedural control of the Recreation Supervisor, is responsible for implementing specific programs as assigned. Employee has supervisory responsibilities for the actions, job performance, supervision and monitoring of all assigned employees and program participants. Employee prepares standard routine reports and records. Job involves decision-making which requires sound interpretation and mature judgment. Employee provides continuous service to the public frequently involving sensitive matters that demand the utmost tact, courtesy and resourcefulness. Employee has full responsibility for directing, assisting and evaluating job performance of one or more employees.
(Track & Field and Tennis estimated: 5/6/2019 – 8/2/2019, Tennis 5/28/2019 – 8/2/2019, All Others 5/28/2019 – 7/19/2019.)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Keeps and maintains records of program participants.
- Keeps and maintains personnel records (i.e. good/bad work, tardy/no show, accidents reports, etc.) and reports immediately to the Recreation Supervisor.
- Supervise and assigns duties to assistants assigned to the program.
- Accomplishes activities while still keeping it fun for participants
- Keeps work area neat and clean.
- Thinks and promotes “safety” and “professionalism” at all times.
- Be the primary administrator of all emergency services in case of emergency.
- Be the primary person in handling all concerns/complaints for staff members, as well as discipline cases involving participants for assigned program.
- Be the primary person in collecting all timecards from the assistants in a timely manner and provide to the Recreation Supervisor and/or designee for review and before submitting to Finance for further processing.
- Keep a daily inventory of all equipment and supplies, reporting any supplies needed for daily operation to immediate supervisor.
- Be the custodian of all reports (copy of accident/incident reports, counseling, personnel records, etc.) and submit at the end of the program year to the Recreation Supervisor. Director will submit to Human Resources for filing in their respective personnel file.
- Organize activities that are supportive of the general recreation plan as presented by immediate supervisor.
- Perform other job related tasks as assigned.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
Must exhibit special leadership qualities and ability to work with supervisors as well as subordinates. Must be able to promote good public relations for the city. Must be able to meet the public in a courteous manner, using tact and diplomacy for Dance, Ballet, Cheerleading, Strength & Conditioning, Karate, Track, Tennis, Baking, T-Ball, Soccer, Softball, and Archery.
General office equipment, personal computer, fax, copier, calculator, supplies and sports related equipment.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
In and out of office conditions and working in different parks and facilities within the city. Be knowledgeable and capable of properly using program specific equipment, facilities and teaching assistants’ for teaching assigned programs. Works irregular hours, little or no hazard to the health or body. Some physical effort; requires some movement and infrequent lifting no greater than 25 lbs.
Requires a high school diploma or GED equivalent, have completion of a least two (2) semesters (24 hrs. minimum) of college credit, have current certification in American Red Cross Standard First Aid and CPR, have minimum of one (1) year experience in program specific leadership positions such as a coach, teacher, playground leader etc. Must have a valid Texas Driver’s License with a satisfactory driving record.
NOTE: The above duties describe the chief function of the job and are not to be considered a detail description of every duty to the job.
If applying for more than one (1) position, you must submit an application for each position. Please submit the application to the Department of Human Resources at 709 S. Nebraska San Juan, Texas 78589 (no emails or faxed will be accepted). For any questions please call (956) 223-2212.
Position will remain open until filled.
The City of San Juan is an equal opportunity employer.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
The City of San Juan is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation or belief, sex, age or handicap.
**Test Required: Thank you for your interest in seeking employment with the City of San Juan. All applicants applying will be required to take a drug and alcohol test, prior to employment.
Thank you for visiting our career page. Please review our open positions and apply to the positions that match your qualifications.