The City of San Juan improves the quality of life for all by providing affordable, consistently reliable, quality services so that its citizens can realize their full potential.
PAY RATE: $17.51/Hour
Under the general direction of the Director of Information Technology, position is in charge of all production of media and advertisements, and managing and designing the City’s social media presence and use and the City’s website and departmental websites. Frequent decisions with few precedents or standards requiring mature judgment. Position requires daily direct and/or cyber contact with the public which requires courtesy and the exercise of tact and diplomacy while promoting/representing the City in a positive manner/light. This position may require the responsibility for the actions and job performance of one or more employees as directed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- In collaboration with City departments design an effective web presence which enhances the departments abilities and offerings.
- Designs and/or improves designs of existing websites to positively represent the City.
- Creates and implements strategy for collecting and archiving images and data for print and web media.
- Generate monthly reports regarding website traffic and search engine results
- Provide recommendations to increase web traffic based on daily, weekly, monthly reports.
- Responsible for the management of overall web presence on relevant and appropriate platforms.
- Applies standard compliance practices concerning internal and public facing city websites.
- Research the latest web design technology and present new ideas for the effective use of the City’s digital presence on the Internet.
- Ensures the City of San Juan is represented in a positive light in all responses and/or posts coming from and representing the City of San Juan.
- Monitors and addresses City content on a daily basis or as needed for content issues and appropriateness.
- Communicates regularly and appropriately with Director of Information Technology regarding issues and/or potential issues affecting the City of San Juan and/or the presence of the City of San Juan via any medium.
- Responds to all website enquiries in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the Department of Information Technology.
Design applications, cameras, drones, et al.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Prolonged use of computer, job regularly requires work outside the normal work week days and office hours; must be able to push, pull, lift, and/or carry at least 50 lbs. Standing to operate a video camera and broadcast equipment for an extensive period of time, requires being able to maneuver over and around common obstacles, with occasionally being required to move quickly out of harm’s way during sporting and/or departmental events. Working in an office environment and outside as required.
Bachelor’s degree preferred, Associates degree in related field required. Minimum of 3 – 5 years related digital, Information Technology and/or communications experience preferred. Possesses strong computer/internet skills. Prefer a strong working knowledge and experience with database and web integration, cross – platform video editing equipment, visual effects motion graphics software, and web design \authoring software. Able to work effectively in a multi-tasking environment. Demonstrated creativity and documented immersion in social media. Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing. Ability to work with multiple teams simultaneously – both internal and external – in a fast – paced environment. Discretion to identify threats and opportunities in user generated content. Knowledge of search engine optimization basics including basic keyword research. Have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and an ability to work individually on a project or in a team environment effectively.
• Provide examples of graphic design experience.
• Demonstrate graphic design skills with a strong portfolio.
• Highly proficient in HTML5, CSS, and Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
• Knowledge of hosted and internal web site applications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required.
Please submit application to: Department of Human Resources 709 S. Nebraska San Juan, TX 78589 (no emails or faxes will be accepted).
Position will remain open until filled.
The City of San Juan is an equal opportunity employer.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
The City of San Juan is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation or belief, sex, age or handicap.
**Test Required: Thank you for your interest in seeking employment with the City of San Juan. All applicants applying will be required to take a drug and alcohol test, prior to employment.
Thank you for visiting our career page. Please review our open positions and apply to the positions that match your qualifications.