The City of San Juan improves the quality of life for all by providing affordable, consistently reliable, quality services so that its citizens can realize their full potential.
PAY RATE: $12.87/Hour
Under general supervision. Operates various refuse vehicles including front end loader, side loader, rear loader, or any mechanized loader in the collection of commercial or residential solid waste and recyclable materials. The position occasionally prepares simple reports and/or records. Several decisions made weekly requiring some interpretations and judgments. Position has little or no contact with the public; has no supervisory responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Operates a mechanical side loader, packer truck collecting solid waste on a designated route, including streets.
- Drives the loaded truck to the landfill and dumps the load, returning to the designated route.
- Operates hydraulically operated arms to lift mechanized containers which are emptied into the truck and hydraulic ramps to compact the refuse.
- Operates rear loader packer truck collecting uncontained refuse in a designated area.
- Detects, identifies, and reports improper equipment performance and makes necessary operational adjustments.
- Daily sweeping of streets in designated areas, weather permitting.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
City vehicle, two-way radio, backhoe, front end loader, side loader, rear loader, sanitation/roll-off truck, backhoe, grapple truck, brush unit and pressure washer.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Position requires some unusual working hours, irregular hours or skills, may involve occasional travel; hazards exist which may result in lost time, accident, exposure to soiling of clothing and skin surface; work involves normal weather changes. Physical effort requires cleaning the vacuum of the sweeper by climbing and the cleaning of any vehicle that is used. Must be able to lift greater than 15 lbs.
Requires a High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Sufficient knowledge of the subject to perform work in a limited range of work situations with intermittent supervision. Some experience is preferred; however, it can be accumulated during 2 to 6 months employment in the position. Must have a valid Texas drivers’ license (CDL – License B) with a satisfactory driving record.
Please submit application to: Department of Human Resources 709 S. Nebraska San Juan, TX 78589 (no emails or faxes will be accepted).
Position will remain open until filled.
The City of San Juan is an equal opportunity employer.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
The City of San Juan is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation or belief, sex, age or handicap.
**Test Required: Thank you for your interest in seeking employment with the City of San Juan. All applicants applying will be required to take a drug and alcohol test, prior to employment.
Thank you for visiting our career page. Please review our open positions and apply to the positions that match your qualifications.